A Perfect Retreat

The back door of my cabin with a place to grill and eat.

 Last week I spent four days at Sanctuary Farm south of Alberton, Montana. Sanctuary Farm is a working farm and my cabin was surrounded by chickens, roosters, one peacock, and goats in the woods. The owners turned a huge shop into a vacation rental. They also rent out a Yurt. I was only planning on staying three days, but as soon as I arrived I knew I wanted to stay longer.
Riley made himself at home.

Why would I go on a retreat? I love my sweet small home, my beautiful gardens, and my She Shed. Sometimes it is good to get away to read, write, think, and pray. I wasn't concerned about weeding or watering. I could just take a nap when I wanted, walk around the area if I wanted, and visit with the owners, their son, little kittens, and their dog Lucy. It was just what I needed.


The breakfast sandwich was bacon, eggs, and cheddar cheese placed between two sourdough waffles with syrup on the side.

The owner Liz is a chef. She sells breakfast sandwiches for renters. My oh my... the sandwich was a perfect way to start the day. Riley didn't know what to think of the chickens and decided he wasn't a bird dog. All he wanted to do was take walks off the property where he could run free. 


The name is perfect. It really is a sanctuary. I hope to return.





Comments

  1. What a great place. So glad you are taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!