Signs That Autumn is In The Air

People either can't wait for autumn to come or they love summer so much they aren't ready for autumn. There doesn't seem to be a group in the middle. I love it when signs of autumn are in the air.

First sign is that the nights are cooler and I don't have to spend hours watering every day. I love that.


Another sign is leaves are turning. Part of this is the dry conditions, but there are some 
pretty fall leaves already.

The cats are coming in more in the evening instead of doing whatever it is they do outside all night.

I feel like turning on my oven and baking again.

The sunrise is later and the sunset is earlier.

Apples are getting ready to pick.

It is craft time with friends. We always find so many fun crafts to do in autumn.


I need a blanket when going outside to drink my coffee.

Pumpkin flavors are everywhere. People are ready for pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bread, pumpkins for autumn decor, pumpkin cream cold brew, pumpkin beer, and pumpkin pie.

For those of us that are retired teachers the signs of autumn in the air are no first day of school nightmares, no busting the budget on school supplies for the classroom, but a quieter, slower season to sit in the garden, sip a hot beverages, and watch the leaves turn.





Comments