8760 Days

The driveway from my house to the road where we would first meet.
 

Today is my wedding anniversary. We would have celebrated 24 years of marriage. We met September 1996, we were married  August 1997, and I kissed Everett good-bye for the last time November 30, 2020.  Our 8760 days knowing each other began on the road between our houses when I was out walking the dogs and he came out of his house to say hello.

Enjoying a fire in the gazebo sitting in his favorite chair.

Those days were filled with happiness and sadness, We had good times and bad times. We celebrated new life and mourned death too many times. Fortunately for us the good times far outweighed the bad times. We enjoyed one day road trips, and we planted flowers and vegetables. We raised cats and dogs, rabbits, and chickens. We loved to sit by the fire in the gazebo and enjoy our gardens. We held each close and cried when we lost loved ones and friends. One of  Everett's favorite sayings was, " If Christy is happy, I am tickled pink." He was tickled pink most of the time because he made me very happy.

a bouquet from the garden

Our anniversaries were special for the two of us.We didn't plan elaborate trips far away, or buy each other expensive gifts.  I may have gotten a pretty bouquet right from our own garden. Sometimes I got him his favorite kind of wine. A few years we even got the day mixed up. Often we had a quiet dinner together, or camped at our favorite camp site. 

Those 8760 days are filled with memories I will have the rest of my life. For that I am grateful. I miss him, but I am trying to continue to live a full life because that is what he wanted me to do. He would be happy to know I have learned how to use a drill and prepare for an evacuation. I may even get that garage organized so I can use it for the car. That was next on our list when he fell ill.

Our 8760 days ended with me holding his hand and praying with him. Rest in peace sweet Everett.





Comments

  1. What a beautiful tribute to the love that you two shared, and continue to share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!