Women Who Inspire Me: Katie Daisy

One of my favorites.

This is my second installment of the series women that inspire me. I learned last week that Mary Engelbreit also inspired many of my readers. This week I am going to share why I am inspired by Katie Daisy. You may say, " Who is Katie Daisy?" I will let you know. Once you see her artistic work, you won't forget her. 

I probably discovered Katie Daisy's work at Target or on Etsy, or in a card shop, but once I discovered her work,  I never forgot it.  Katie does artwork that captures prairie flowers, the woods, and all things nature. I recently read this by her, "The enchantment of my prairie town stays with me always. I weave that rosy magic into everything I paint and still see the world through my childhood eyes." She does that , and does it beautifully. 

The colors and flowers blend beautifully

I admire Katie Daisy because she does what she loves. Most of her inspiration is captured in a portfolio that contains what she remembers from her childhood in Illinois. A lilac bush, hummingbirds buzzing around, cherry and apple trees, and a giant yellow rosebush. She made art as long as she can remember. Her mom carried art supplies, she did art on placemats in restaurants, and doodled on her homework. She took her first art class in high school and the rest is history.She began her career on Etsy in 2010 and has freelanced ever since. 

such a beautiful message.

I love her work because it connects with nature and she uses quotes that speak to me. She now resides in Bend, Oregon and has embraces the beauty of the Pacific Northwest. If you haven't seen her work check it out on Etsy or check out her website. You will want a journal, calendar, or art print as soon as you see her work. Please share who inspires you.



She was featured on Oprah's Super Sunday Project. Check her out.

https://www.oprah.com/own-steepyoursoul/steep-your-soul-the-beauty-and-power-of-katie-daisys-art-video

https://www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-sunday/illustrator-katie-daisy-on-the-transformative-power-of-art-video

Comments