Garden Stories: Mom's Memory Garden

 


I had a friend visit my backyard for the first time this week. Showing her my gardens and decor I realized that my gardens hold stories. The gardens tell stories of people, stories of special furniture that traveled with us, and a whole collection of gifts from friends and family that are placed all over the yard.


After my mom died in the summer of 2017 I knew I wanted to do something to honor her in my backyard. We had a strip of space between my house and my brother's that Everett suggested he add another flower bed. Mom's Memory Garden was born. I moved plants from her gardens, decor she treasured, and added gifts from friends and family. 
Lady's Mantle from her garden.

Mom loved lilies.

A rose planted in her memory.

It has been a joy to watch this garden flourish in the last four years. I have added other plants and flowers to the garden. I picked flowers that Mom loved. 

Year one

recently




Comments