Ten Things To Do When You Can't Garden


Where I live we have had a cold, wet spring. Don't get me wrong. I know we need the rain, but when the temperatures are cooler, it is hard to plant a garden. I realize I could bundle up, wear a rain poncho, and go out and pull weeds, plant containers, and put out my garden décor. I don't want to. I only last a short time outside when I get wet and cold. I have found some other ways to use my time.

Ten Things To Do When You Can't Garden:

1. Go shopping for plants. Eventually it will warm up, right?


2. Start trays of plants from seed. They will get to be planted someday.

3. Fill up the bird feeders.

4. Go to another store shopping for plants. You hate to have them sell out the first day it is warm again.

5. Arrange bouquets with my spring flowers.



6. Cuddle with Riley, drink coffee, and read a good book.

7. Reorganize the She Shed and deadhead the plants that wintered over

8. Plant flowers in the containers in the garage and hope there is enough sun to keep the leaves green.

9, Go to one more store and buy plants. Do you see a pattern here?

10. Take Riley outside and have him do a Sunshine Dance.






Comments