My Dream Vacation

 

One favorite on the outskirts of Harrison, Idaho.

When I was a child my family didn't go on vacations that required staying in motels and eating in restaurants. When dad had time off we went to my grandma's house in Spokane or my grandma's house in Orofino. That was a vacation to us. We did fun stuff while at both places. I have fond memories of those summer vacations.

I am not much of a traveler to faraway places. The only foreign country I have visited is Canada. I only flew in a plane with my husband once, and it was only to Portland, Oregon. I still want to travel to the northern coast of Washington and see more of the Washington and Oregon coasts. I always thought I would like a cruise to Alaska, but never convinced my husband it was a good idea. Our favorite vacations were traveling in a car or RV.  The photos throughout this post are some favorite vacation rentals we discovered.

This is a perfect getaway on the Clark Fork River south of Hope,Idaho.

I wanted to stay there this fall , but is was already booked.

This was our favorite spot in Mazama. We rented it twice.

What is my dream vacation?

First I find a vacation rental in the Pacific Northwest. I prefer a cabin or beach house. If it is near water that is a plus, but not a requirement. A dog friendly home is a must. A bedroom on the first floor is a must also. It helps if the house is fully stocked. If I am traveling during cold weather I love having a fireplace or wood stove. I bring my favorite foods and beverages, but love trying restaurants if they are close.

A favorite in Montana between St. Regis and Quinn's on the Clark Fork River.

I think of a dream vacation as a retreat. I take books, my journal, my laptop for writing, my camera, and Riley my dog. I sleep in, go for walks, drive to close places and take pictures, read, write, dream, and think. I have a retreat like this planned in early fall. I can't wait!

That is my dream vacation. What is your dream vacation? 


Here is a room in the cabin I am traveling to in September.


Comments