The Shed Notebook: Ten Reasons Why I Love January

January is an unpopular month for many people.  It is that letdown month after the holiday season. It is a long month that often brings on gray, dark days. Taxes need to be done soon,weather may slow down travel.  I am different. I enjoy January.

Ten Reasons Why I Love January
10: Snow usually covers all mess in the backyard left by dog toys, dog droppings, and dog bones.
9.   Snow usually covers all the weeds I didn't get cleaned up in the fall.
8.   I celebrate my birthday!
7.   We also celebrate Mom's birthday and work on keeping her memory alive,
6.   As tax documents begin to arrive in the mail, you only have to think about taxes.
5.   College basketball is in full swing. Go Zags!

4.    Winter photo walks produce beautiful pictures.
3.   It is a good time to show off handmade mittens, hats, and scarfs.
2.   It is a perfect month to just stay home and catch up on movies, reading, and writing.
1.   It is winter decor month which means my snowman collection fills the house with cheer.     






Comments