Sibling Assignment #193: Capturing Alaska



Brother Bill gave Sibling Assignment #193. “Write about a dream trip you’d like to take in the United States, even if you don’t think it’ll ever happen. Include where you’d like to go and, if it’s fitting, what time of year you’d like to make the trip. Also discuss why this is your dream. “ You will find Bill's assignment here and sister Carol's here.


I have always wanted to do a cruise to Alaska. I would like to see the lower part of the state. I would like to go in the summer when it isn’t too cold.

I want to go because I have heard so many friends that have taken the trip and just loved it. The scenery is breathtaking. People are friendly. Stops along the way are well-planned and allows the tourist to see many beautiful places in our forty-ninth state.   Alaska is a difficult state to drive to, so the cruise would allow me to see sites not able to see on a driving trip.

The Inside Passage is what really interests me. Stretching from Puget Sound, Wash., along the British Columbia coast into the Gulf of Alaska, the Inside Passage was formed by the movement of massive glaciers millions of years ago. It includes more than 1,000 islands, fiords and lush island scenery, habitat for whales, bald eagles and other wildlife — and, of course, the glaciers.

I think a cruise would also be an easier way to travel. If you want to get off the ship you can. When you are traveling in the ocean you have other activities to do. I have also heard the food is amazing on the cruise,

I also think a cruise would be a restful, relaxing vacation

Comments