Here Is What I Know Today, September 26,2017


Today I know I now love living in a place with four seasons. I used to always say "autumn is my favorite season" to anyone that asked. Now I have found beauty in each and every season. Seeing the seasons through the lens of my camera has helped.  After moving back to North Idaho I discovered unique beauty in winter along the river road, the Cataldo Slough, and in the skies at sunset. After a gray, cold, foggy end of winter I love the promise of spring when robins return, daffodils bloom, and leaves emerge on the trees. Summer reminds  me that we are no longer plagued with smelter smoke and a polluted river. The hills are green, the sky is clear and blue, and the water in the river through town is clear and is surrounded by lush growth. Autumn is time I slow down. The gardens are put to rest, everywhere I look trees are bursting with oranges, reds, and yellows, The smell of burning leaves fills the air. Nothing beats a autumn sunset. Yes, I love four seasons.

I also know today my mother's influence ran deep with the people she touched. Knowing this has helped me cope with my grief. Whether it is a note from one of her former students, a post on Facebook by a dear friend thinking of Mom while on a trip to the Oregon Coast, or patrons at the library coming in and telling me stories of Mom's generosity that I had never heard. All these examples keep reminding me what an amazing woman my mother was.

I know that it helps to have a quote to get through the day. Here is mine for today:

"You don't have to be a "person of influence" to be influential. In fact, the most influential people in my life are probably not even aware of the things they've taught me." Scott Adams  

Comments