Here is What I Know Today, Sepember 27, 2016


Today I know that one of the best things adults can do for children is read to them. Every week I go to Angel Wings Daycare/Preschool and read to a group of about 26 kids. They are excited and their eyes light up when I read an exciting part or a part that makes them laugh. I thnk they would sit while I read ten books, but we only do three. I look forward to the visit each week. I am pleased when I hear children say their parents read them a certain book, or a babysitter, or grandparent. I have so many favorite books I have read with children over the years. Here is a sneak peek of one of my favorites I am reading tomorrow.

I also know that with the generous donations our library has received to honor of Mom I will be able to spend delightful time browsing for books to purchase. I made a list of books that Mom always loved to read to her students and to us. A series on the list was the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books. I later read them to my students also in my early years of teaching. Maybe I could find an audience of kids that come to the library after school and share a few of her "cures."

I know that Dr. Suess got it right.





Comments

  1. This post made me smile! I have so many happy memories associated with books and the library. You are creating beautiful memories for all those children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you go to a day-care to read. How special for the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!