The Shed Notebook: The Mysteries of Grayson, Frontier Internet, and All That is Missing

Our house has been surrounded by some strange mysteries this month. Grayson is our big, beautiful, fluffy gray cat. We have a cat door in the basement so the cats can go outside. The mysterious disapperances of Grayson started early in the fall, but after diappearing for at least a week, he returned. He could have stopped in to eat during the night. We just didn't know. Then he was back living with us twenty-four seven. Last week he decided to disappear again. After a few days he just saundered upstairs for feeding time like he had never been gone. Where does he go? Does he have another family that he gets tired of? Is he cat food stealing around the neighborhood? We just don't know. Perhaps he needs a cat cam so we can track his activity. We are so pleased he is back home and keeping my head warm as he relaxes on the back of my chair.

Frontier Internet has been another huge mystery in the Silver Valley the month of February. Many nights in a row about 7:30 the internet would just go off, then come back on much later in the evening. Our local classified page on Facebook had a huge thread about what was going on. It seemed each time a person called, they got a different reason why this was happening. They heard they oversold in our area, there was a break in the line, they were going through an update, a solar outage ( which happens in February or early March. Who knew?), or they had no reports of any problems. I think my sister's theory is the best. When people livestream the Olympics, watch Netflix, or play games after dinner it does overload the system. It has been okay for a few days now. The next thread on the page was how it needs to be fixed. I am not even going into that!

The third mystery is all the things that have ended up missing in my house. I received a beautiful book from a friend after Mom died. It is missing. When I couldn't get my printer to work wirelessly, I looked for the cord. You guessed it. Missing. Two camera batteries walked away to somewhere also.
I won't even go into the usual socks, Tupperware lids, keys, and gloves that walk away. I am hoping one day soon I will open a box, drawer, or bag and find the missing items. Either that, or when the snow leaves, the dogs will show me a hole they dug so they could bury the items. I am holding on to hope.


Comments