The Shed Notebook: Top Ten Things I Dislike When It Is Below Ten Degrees

In Kellogg we went from a few days that felt like spring to a blizzard, ten inches of snow, then temperatures that dropped way below freezing.  These temperatures can make things difficult for this person that just wants to sit in front of the fire, wrap up in a blanket and sip hot beverages.

Top Ten Things I Dislike When The Temperature is Below Ten Degrees

10. Having to find boots at eleven o'clock pm to check the garage light. Advice: don't try it barefoot.
9.  Discovering my arm isn't quite long enough to reach the newspaper out the front door when I still have on nightwear.
8. Having Riley jump in my lap when he is covered with fifty tiny snowballs from head to toe.
7. Learning that a latte left in the car overnight turns into a icky coffee slushy thing.
6. After dressing in layers, zipping the coat, getting on gloves, scarf, and hat then discovering I needed to use the bathroom before leaving.
5.  Losing my lip balm.
4. Getting shocked by the static electricity on my sweater, socks, bathrobe, and hair.
3. Realizing shivering doesn't count as steps on my Fitbit.
2. Finding snow in my boots.
And the #1 thing I dislike when the temperature is below ten degrees:
Remembering I forgot to buy my dogs the latest clothing and assessories for really cold weather



Comments