The Shed Notebook: Motivation to Clean the Bathroom

Now what in the world would give any sane person motivation to really deep clean a bathroom?
My motivation was a visit from the contractor. Shawn came and looked at our bathroom with excellent ideas of how we could renovate it. Right now it serves the purpose, but having a walk in shower, new flooring, paint, and sink is getting me pretty excited. As I prepare for my knee surgery a higher toilet will be so much better, and safety rails in the shower will provide me with peace of mind. The best part of the visit from the contractor is he found other little things throughout the house that he could fix easily and without a big cost. I thought I was the only person having trouble with the basement stairs. He said they needed treads and it would make my trip up and down better. Who knew?

We have more plans for other projects I will share later. The other good thing is he is doing our house and brother Bill Woolum's next door at the same time. One dumpster, all the workers moving between the two houses, so much   more efficient.
Now it has been internet scouring for bathroom ideas. Between Houzz, Pineterest and the Lowe's, and Home Depot sites,  it is mind boggling. JEJ finally requested I not show him any more images until I narrow down the ideas to about fifty. Stay tuned.


Comments