Retreating Away from Home


"Everyone needs a place to retreat; a spot where the world grows quiet enough for the soul to speak.

Angie Weiland- Crosby



Each year when the gardening season is over, I pack up my favorite things and my dog Riley and travel to a quiet place to get away. I recharge, rest and renew. I read, reflect, write, sleep, make delicious food, go for walks, sit by the fire, breathe, and whatever else feels right.

When I return home I am refreshed and ready to put the gardens to bed and prepare for what is ahead for the rest of the year.


I take time to take photos, do some self-care pampering, and cuddle with Riley. It is pure bliss. 

I start in the summer finding a vacation rental that is in the woods, affordable, not too far away, and is dog friendly. This year I found a perfect place close to Naples, Idaho off the beaten path.

I know when my time ends here I will be ready to return to civilization, but I will drag my feet a bit that last day.

Comments