Hydrangea in Everett's Hand

 


I love white hydrangeas, especially the Annabella pictured above. This picture is a favorite of mine with my dear Everett holding the bloom. I remember him coming outside and me wanted him to hold the bloom so I could capture a image. The shirt he happened to have on was so perfect as a background. 
My poem today celebrating National Poetry Month captures the images I love about this flower.

White Hydrangea

White Hydrangeas dance
We observe the clouds of fresh dopamine
Wisping ribbons of scarlet frequencies
That we sense with our mind, body, or soul?
For, we do not know
They swirl around the cord that connects us
Travelling through roots. Travelling up stems.
Tunnel systems for the heart’s perception?
For, we do not know
The voice of cotton is a lullaby
Soft to the touch, warm to the heart, and ears;
Children laugh, children love, children play in
Fields of cotton scented White Hydrangea

Corrina Mae

Comments

  1. Christy, this is just beautiful, both poem & photo.❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!