"That Girl" Obsession


 I follow Marlo Thomas on Instagram. She shared on a TBT post that Wednesday marked fifty five years since "That Girl"  premiered. I was obsessed with Marlo Thomas and "That Girl". I loved the theme song, her character's personality and all the supporting cast. I always looked forward to what mishaps would happen as she tried once again to get a part in a commercial or on stage.

I didn't realize when I was watching the show that she broke barriers having a sitcom with a single woman as the star. She wanted to be a role model to women. She felt women could have a career and be independent. I was inspired by her because she was determined and she took risks. Plus she was funny. Oh.... and I loved her hair. I liked all her clothes too. See? Obsessed. 

.Later in the 80s I discovered "That Girl" again on reruns. I remember one summer binge watching the whole series before we knew what binge watching really was. I have a feeling I am going to be doing some searching for "That Girl " soon and planning another binge watch.

So after all this time I am still obsessed with Marlo Thomas. As I mentioned I follow her on Instagram and Facebook and I am enjoying every minute of it. I just learned she has a podcast. Hummmm.... I may have to take a  listen. 



This video will take you back to all the versions of that perfect theme song. There is a repeat, so just fast forward or listen to it again. I loved it for the last season when they added lyrics to the song.



Comments

  1. I loved That Girl too! Within the past 10 years, I binge-watched the whole series. Such fun! I may just have to do it again, now that you've reminded me of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!