Today is National Book Lovers Day: My Lists


 I like that there is a special day to honor those of us that love books. Recently I saw a poll that asked readers to choose the best book they have ever read. Who could ever decide? I have a hard enough time narrowing down a list to ten. 

 I have a list of books I share with people looking for book recommendations. I call it:

If You Haven't Read This Book , Add It to Your "To Read List" . You Won't Be Sorry!

(of course, strictly my opinion)

Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger

Just Mercy by Brian Stevenson

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

The Outsiders by S,E, Hinton

Still Alice by Lisa Genova

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Educated by Tara Westover

Refuge: An Unnatural History of Family and Place by Terry Tempest Williams

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer ( all titles by him)

Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult

My next list is books people have recommended to me and I have not yet read , but are on my "To Read" list:

Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer

The Yellow House by Sarah M. Broom

Deep Creek: Finding Hope in the High Country by Pam Houston

Crazy Brave by Joy Harjo

Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving

Between Two Worlds by Ta-Nehisi Coates

A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

anything by Michael Lewis

The Big Burn and others by Timothy Egan


What books would you add to either list?

Comments

  1. Great lists, Christy. I’ve read many, and there are many I haven’t yet. Updating my own TBR list now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I wish there were more hours in the day for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!