Grocery Shopping Surprises During Covid-19






When the word first came out they we may be quarantined because of the Covid-19 virus my first thought was to get to the grocery store and stock up. We didn't know what to expect. (Note: I didn't hoard...I got there too late even if I wanted to. )

I ended up buying foods that I knew would sustain on the shelf, but may not be the healthiest.I wanted plain rice, but no rice was on the shelf at Yoke's, but there was Rice-a- Roni.  I always wanted to eat Rice a Roni when I was a child because I loved the commerical and the jingle and thought if they were eating it in San Francisco, it must be really special. I don't know why we didn't get to eat it at our house. Usually it was because it was too spendy or Dad didn't like it. I grabbed some boxes  and I felt very special taking the "San Francisco Treat" home. I actually liked it.


When I checked the frozen section I thought frozen waffles you put in the toaster might be good to have on hand. I have never had one in my life. Guess what? I liked them also. Quick and easy and they will probably have a shelf life of two years in the freezer.

Next I spotted a display of Oreos. Wow, if we couldn't leave the house for a few months Oreos would be a good staple to have on hand. Again, I can't even remember the last time I had an Oreo. Did you realize there are 21 flavors of Oreos? When did that happen?  After I saw Carrot Cake Oreos and Cherry Cola Chocolate Oreos I was overwhelmed. I backed away and left all of them on the shelf.

Of course I couldn't buy toilet paper, paper towels, Clorox Wipes, dry beans, or bread that day  I was proud of myself for saying no to the Velveeta, Franco-American Spaghetti-Os, Twinkies, Pop Tarts, and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, but I have a confession to make. I just had to lower my anxiety and buy Twizzlers. What better way to help with your stress level during a pandemic then to know you have a bag of Twizzlers "just in case"?



Comments

  1. Sounds yummy! And I'm surprised to know you have a Yokes where you live. It's where I shop too. Except --- right now I'm shopping only at stores that have pick-up in the parking lot. So right now I'm shopping at Freddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish we had a store that did pick up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!