Sweet Comic Valentine: My iTunes Game Part 2


Yesterday I played Part I of the iTunes game passed on by my sister Silver Valley Girl. See it below. Here is Part 2:
“Put your iPod/iTunes on shuffle. Write down the first lines of the first twenty songs to form a poem. Exclude instrumental pieces as needed. Like so:

Sweet Comic Valentine


The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time,

Singing in the rain, just singing in the rain.

Should old acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind?


Chestnuts roasting on the open fire.

My funny valentine, sweet comic valentine,

Silent night, holy night.


I remember all my life, raining down as cold as ice,

Ain't no miracle being born, people doin' it every day.

There you are looking just the same as last time I touched you.


Take to the highway,won't you lend me your name
?
I don't know you but I want to,
Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens,

You don't know how you met me.


You can play the game, you can act out the part,

There's a spark of magic in your eyes
.
Oh beautiful, for spacious skies

Don't go changing to try and please me.


Her name was Lola-she was a showgirl,

Nobody does it better, makes me feel sad for the rest.

Honey, I'll always love you.
My Sweet Comic Valentine.

The only creative license I took was to repeat the last line as the title. Try this.... it is fun. I may try this with my students.

Comments