Thankful, Grateful, Blessed #3: I Am Blessed With Music Everywhere


I remember a time when we heard good music on an AM station, but that was shaky. Our local station went off the air at 10:00, I think.  We also heard good music if we were fortunate to have record albums, 45s,  and later cassettes and CDs. There were some good shows on television like American Bandstand that played good music also.
Fast forward to today. I never would have dreamed that in 2019 you could have music everywhere. Music on your computer, your smart phone, in the car, on an I Pod, on the television set, and also on a Dot that has a woman named Alexa that finds your music.
What I find amazing is that lots of it is free. I can explore all genres of music, oldies, new tunes, whatever I want. We have come a long way from those 45 records in the early sixties. I am truly blessed, but do you want to know something? I still listen to my favorite '70's songs more than anything else. 
Here is a favorite on my playlist always. It was the most played song at The Perch at the U. of I. during my college years. "Hello, It's Me" by Todd Rundgren.

Comments