Being Thankful: The Three Months of Autumn

 The three things I am thankful for today are September, October, and November.



September always represents new beginnings for me. New school year, new school supplies, new planner, new school shoes, and new energy to teach and learn for another year. With the changing light there are also new, different kinds of sunsets in September.


I have shared many reasons already on this blog about why I love October. October represents the beginning of a slower season in our gardening year. Less work, more appreciation of the beauty around us. I am thankful for outdoor fires, leaves turning, and quieter times sitting on the porch.


November is that month that naturally eases us into our winter hibernation period. Shorter days, less strenuous work in the gardens, more time for reading, writing, and resting. It also provides lots of time for counting the blessings of Thanksgiving and first snow.

Comments