Three Simple Pleasures: Scrooge, Writing, Wool Socks

1
1. I always enjoy teaching the play of "A Christmas Carol" to my seventh graders each December. I am so thankful between the Disney ads and the students' love for Jim Carrey they are motivated to read the Dickens classic this year.

2. While teaching writing to elementary students today I loved it when one student finished his story and asked, "May I PLEASE read a poetry book?" I smiled inside and out as I answered, "Yes, of course."

3. My striped wool socks were just what I needed as I stepped out of my car  into 14 degree weather at school today. Even after walking between buildings three times, my feet never got cold!

Comments

  1. I enjoyed this post, and it reminded me of the special feeling I had earlier this week when I recognized progress in the little girl I am a reading tutor for. A simple pleasure, with significant benefit for her I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes me want to get out my Dicken's books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed teaching A Christmas Carol. There is so much to do with it. My book club is reading it this montha nd we will see the movie together. I doubt it will surpass the one done with Patrick Stewart.

    And I love my wool socks--even though they don't have stripes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!