Three Simple Pleasures: Cookie Cutters, Frosted Sugar Cookies, Joy's Cookies


1. I started reminiscing tonight when I got out my cookie cutters. I have been collecting cookie cutters for over twenty-five years and each of them remind me of times I used them and people who gifted me with many in the collection. Some are traditional metal cutters, some copper which reminds me of my Mom and her copper collection, and others are newer, plastic ones. When I was young and collected Troll dolls I received a Troll cookie cutter once as a gift. It was the first in the collection.   I am thinking it must be at my mom's house still. I better check on that when I return home early next week!


2. These cutters work well when I make frosted sugar cookies. For many years I have worked to perfect a cookie and frosting recipe for Frosted Sugar Cookies. It is now a tradition that I gift co-workers and friends with the cookies each year. I really love baking, frosting, and decorating them. I have some ready to share with co-workers tomorrow.


3. I made another batch of Joy's Cookies tonight for a meeting tomorrow. On my last day at school while our students are having an activity morning our National Board group is spending the morning with our mentor from Gonzaga in my classroom continuing to move forward toward the completion of our portfolios. Who can have a meeting the day before winter break without goodies?  SueDean is bringing a hot cider drink, I have pumpkin muffins and Joy's cookies, and others are contributing also. I think it will be excellent brain food as we work through the morning and will also ease us all into winter break nicely!

Comments

  1. Yes, I do believe Mom has the troll cookie cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to have a thing about biscuit cutters :) now aint that strange.... I do love the old ones the best.. I aint got a troll one though but I do have a copper moose one that a doodle matie sent be this year.....

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps....... I also use me biscuit cutters for cutting out shapes for the top of pies that I make :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was one of your co-workers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous29.4.10

    I just recieved a lot of vintage cookie cutters I won off ebay and was amazed to see one that looked like a troll. Didn't know there was such a beast! He is adorable and I hope you're able to find yours. Looking forward to reading your blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!