A Recap of Spring Break

late afternoon sunshine by Kettle Falls, Washington

As spring break comes to a close today I may catch one last nap, read a few more chapter of an "escape" novel, and sit outside and take in some Vitamin D. I do feel a sense of accomplishment as I organize myself to reenter teacher mode tomorrow.
I made a big dent in the spring cleaning project. I finished my taxes (Whew!), read three novels so I can report my pages in our reading contest at school, and picked out some roses, ordered some hard-to-find seeds, got a much needed hair makeover, and backed up a bunch of stuff on my computer.

I also had both a wonderful lunch and dinner out with my husband, put out spring decor only to have it covered again in three inches of snow, and deleted a ton of messages saved in my email account.
I saw a very entertaining production of James and the Giant Peach at the Lake City Playhouse in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Thursday evening.My niece The Princess played the role of Miss Spider and was wickedly wonderful. She is a theater major at North Idaho College. Add in a family dinner at Thai Bamboo and pie afterwards at Silver Valley Girl's house to round out a perfect evening. The visit to Kellogg also included delicious home cooked meals by my mom, an afternoon with Silver Valley Girl digging around for treasures at second hand stores, and catching up on sleep! Just as I left my mom's house I got to visit on the phone with my friend Mountain Muddah. Take time to enjoy her Middle Aged Meanderings at her blog here.As we arrived closer to home yesterday I was relieved to see the lingering snow gone and spring weather had greened things up again. As I viewed Lake Roosevelt through the bridge I was also relieved to see the snow had melted on the mountains further north. Maybe spring has really arrived!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great talking to you again,IEG! I'm glad you had a productive and restful week! Hopefully next trip over, we can get together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!