The Red and Black Buffalo Plaid Blanket


When Everett first was moved to Kootenai Health on October 31, 2020 he tested positive for Covid. That meant isolation for ten days. Thankfully he never showed any symptoms. I was devastated when I learned I couldn't see him. I drove over to the Hallmark shop across the street to purchase cards that could be delivered to him. 

I saw a display of beautiful blankets. The red and black buffalo plaid blanket caught my eye. Surely they would allow a blanket in his room. When we talked later I asked him if he liked his gift. He said, "Nice pajamas!". I explained it was a blanket, which he was excited about.

When he was moved to a regular room the blanket came with him. When he was transferred to Shoshone Medical Center the blanket traveled with him in the ambulance. The blanket is a symbol of Everett's last month of life. He fought hard to get better. He would snuggle with the blanket when he sat in a chair by the window waiting for Riley to visit at the window. 

It was part of the display honoring Everett at his celebration of life.

It is Riley's favorite blanket also when he lays at my feet.

It was part of our Christmas card last year. 

It will soon be part of our new Christmas card.




If you drive by my house you see this same red and black buffalo plaid as part of the decor outside to honor Everett. I think red and black buffalo plaid is my new favorite color!




Comments