Garden Stories: Everett's Memory Garden


As I shared last week I had a friend that toured my backyard gardens recently. Showing her my gardens and decor I realized that my gardens hold stories. The gardens tell stories of people important in my life.

Tonight I am going to share the story of Everett's Memory Garden. My husband Everett died on November 30th. I knew as it moved into spring that I wanted to create a memory garden. My P.E.O. sisters had gifted me with a rose that would be coming later in the spring. Other people had gifted me money knowing I was going to create the garden. I came up with the design when it came closer to planting time. 

I purchased a galvanized water trough first. I got help filling it with filler and dirt.  I knew I wanted roses since that was his favorite flower. I also wanted to add annuals so there would be color all summer. I found a stone that I could personalize and placed it in the middle of the garden. The first plant in the garden was the "Walking on Sunshine" rose.


Our granddaughter Monica gifted me with the solar cross and I added the 
watering can that lights up at night. 



Another special gift was this California fuchsia called "Everett". 
It is a ground cover fuchsia and just looks beautiful.

Here it is this week thriving and blooming and honoring Everett. 

Comments