The Journey of Grief

 


If you have followed this blog for awhile you know I have a deep passion for poetry. I remember the sadness I felt when I learned Mary Oliver had died. It was hard to imagine I would never read a new poem she had composed.

When I read her poems I can relate to her experiences, subjects, and beautiful images. Often her poems read more like a conversation. I picture myself sitting on a bench with her listening to her well-chosen words.

The poem above is one of my favorites of hers. Because of events and changes in our lives, we sometimes begin a new journey. Like the line in the poem says, 
"determined to do the only thing you could do- determined to save the only life you could save. "

I am going to work on saving my life. I am ready to embark on the journey of understanding my grief. My husband has now been gone for eight months and I miss him every day. Thanks to Hospice of North Idaho I have found someone to help me mend my life.

Comments

  1. Tracy29.7.21

    Wow!Powerful poem and powerful reaction! It perfectly captures my feelings in dealing with the loss of my mother. It clearly resonates with you as you experience life without Everett. I love seeing you reflect, learn, absorb his strength, and move at your pace into your next chapter. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the meaningful comment. I am feeling your love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!