A Cactus by Any Other Name Still Smells as Sweet

Remember... I was the person that couldn't get a Christmas Cactus to bloom at any time of the year. Then last fall we got our first one to bloom around Thanksgiving. Now JEJ brought this one in from the greenhouse. The blossoms resemble a tropical plant. We could call this the Winter Cactus, Birthday Cactus, or Soon to be My Mom's Birthday Cactus.
JEJ said the only thing he has done differently this year is to give these blooming plants more fertilizer. I guess the combination of cool temperatures, light, and plant food as produced these revived Christmas cactus'.
There is only about five of these lovely blossoms on the plant so far. Wait until it is in full bloom. Stay tuned. If you want read some past posts about Christmas cactus go here and here.

Comments

  1. SOB. SOB. WHINE. WHINE. I WANT A CHRISTMAS CACTUS THAT BLOOMS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these too.Did you get snow today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous15.1.08

    My Christmas Cactus blooms, but never at Christmas. It has several small buds on it right now and if luck is with me, it may blossom by Martin Luther King Day. That's if GrandDolly stops pulling the buds off!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty blossoms! Almost like shiny ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  5.  Thank you for writing this quality informational content.  Your writing technique is impressive and enjoyable to read.  You have many interesting points of view that give me pause to consider. ​intrical. Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word. Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't recall the last time I enjoyed an informative article like I have yours.  You've exceeded my high standards and expectations with your excellent writing skills.  You must have higher standards than I do.Usually used by dumbasses who really mean to use the word integral.The word intrical may be misspelled. You can find suggested terms below. Based on our research, we believe that these terms are the correct spelling of what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!