A Sign of Hope


When I retired I moved back to my hometown and moved in the house next door to my mother. As I began building and designing gardens, she continued to tend her established gardens encircling her backyard.

My mom died in 2017 and my brother also moved back home into her house, our childhood home. I wanted to honor Mom in some way in my backyard. My husband came up with the idea of a memory garden. In the spring of 2018 my sister and I both chose plants from Mom's gardens and planted them in our respective gardens.

One favorite flower I moved was one of her peony plants. I have waited four years for it to bloom. In a time when the world has turned completely upside down, it bloomed. My heart was filled with hope as I cut that bloom yesterday and put it in a vase.






Comments

  1. Hi Christy, I don't remember how I found your blog, but I enjoy your posts. It's so nice that you have your mom's peony plant. My younger brother lives in our childhood home, too, and for years we have been trying to root one of my mom's climbing rose bushes to plant in my garden. We haven't given up! I

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!