The Journey to Elizabeth Park


 I have always been told that the road from the cemetery in Kellogg ends up in Elizabeth Park if you head east. I don't know why, but I have never gone further than the spot I take Riley for his run. As kids Mom and Dad probably thought we would have to climb a mountain pass and travel on a narrow road so we just drove there from the main road. 

For those of you not familiar with Shoshone County, Elizabeth Park is neighborhood out of the Kellogg city limits that has a mixture of houses and a park surrounded by a circle of houses. 


Today I decided to use my pioneer spirit and keep going on the dirt road and see how far it was to Elizabeth Park. 


The drive I have taken is always beautiful, but as I traveled further east today I was surrounded by trees and a rutty, muddy road. In about six minutes I saw house lights, vehicles , and a better road. There I was at Elizabeth Park.


Tomorrow I am going to start from Elizabeth Park and head west. Enjoy the photo journey on the dirt road today to Elizabeth Park. Here are a few more photos of our journey today.






Comments