Silly Things I Can't Live Without

 There are certain things I am fortunate to have. Shelter, a car, food, water, a devoted pet, family close by, and a special circle of friends near and far.  Below are silly things  I can't live without. 

I can't live without kitchen scissors. Remember the good old days when you pulled on a plastic wrapper and you could open it with your own strength? These days I can hardly pry open the thick plastic wrapper on a carton of ice cream without kitchen scissors. It is amazing how we lived through childhood purchasing ice cream with no wrapper or heavy plastic. I use kitchen scissors to cut bacon, cut strips of lettuce, and snip parsley.

I also can't live without an inside outside thermometer. We first purchased one when we had our greenhouse so we could monitor temperatures, especially in winter. Now I am obsessed with inside and outside temperature. So obsessed I have one in the living room and one in the bedroom.

I know Wite Out is a no-no in a classroom, but I can't live without it. I am constantly whiting out a date on the calendar, or a mistake I made on a greeting card. Mine has to be the liquid type with the brush, not that tape stuff.


I can't imagine life without a cocktail jigger. Enough said.

I have found so many uses for Mason jars. Obviously I can't live without them for canning,  A Mason jar works do well as a vase, drinking glass, a vessel to shake up dressing, a container to hold baking ingredients, and so many cute crafts.

The last silly thing I can't live without is a pen, but with me it is a certain kind of pen. Even though I am not teaching now I am very picky about the type of pen I use. I know, it is silly.





Comments