Happy National Read a Book Day

 

I love that there is a day set aside to celebrate reading a book.When I read about this special day it is simply a day designated to relax and read a book. I carved out some time today. This is what I read:

I borrowed this cookbook from my brother today. When we had a Mediterranean family dinner a few weeks ago I loved all the healthy recipes. This cookbook is full of those healthy recipes.


Instead of family dinner this week we did "bring your own family lunch" today. After catching up on the news of the week, events, and travel plans Paul and Carol stayed and did some garden planning with me. I have an area in the back corner of the yard that needs a makeover, there is a corner by  the table that needs a bit more TLC and we moved the ladder shelves Everett had built to a more efficient place. I dusted off my favorite gardening book and starting reading about landscaping.


I am continuing to read this book I wrote about last week on this blog. As I begin planning for seed purchases and flower beds for next year, this book is an inspiration. 

Most of us don't need a special day to relax and read a book, but in case you haven't carved out time lately to do it, stop, grab a book, and read.




Comments