Do LIfe Hacks Make Life Easier? Sometimes.


When I am scanning my news feeds each day  I often see articles about life hacks. While reading some of  these life hacks I shake my head and ask myself, "Why didn't I think of that?" There are also life hacks that I read and think ," I don't think that would work for me."

 According to Wikipedia a life hack (or life hacking) is any trick, shortcut, skill, or novelty method that increases productivity and efficiency in all walks of life.

While watching a cooking show last night a woman showed a life hack that would not work for me. The life hack was an idea of what to do with leftover red wine. She showed how to make red wine popsicles. When I think of red wine I am always concerned about staining my shirt or spilled wine on furniture or a rug. A wine popsicle? When I eat a popsicle it always falls apart before I finish. I picture myself with wine stains on my mouth, melted wine on my shirt, and a brain freeze to top it off. Not a life hack for me.

This is a new life hack I am going to try. Take the sticky part of a Post-It note along your keyboard and it will remove bits of food, pieces of grime, etc. Who knew?

Who has used duct tape to open a tough lid? I am trying it tomorrow. 

Did  you know if you sprinkle salt in the ice in a cooler it will stay frozen for much longer? Have you tried this?


Once I discovered Wrinkle Release spray I hardly use my iron anymore. It is perfect while traveling. There are lots of brands that are effective.

Have you ever used a straw to remove the stem from a strawberry? I haven't.


Where do you carry cash when you don't want to carry your wallet or purse, like when you are at the beach? This is new to me. Roll you money and place it in an empty lip balm tube. I don't think this would work for me. I can't imagine being able to roll the money tight enough to fit in a tube.  I would also be the person that tosses the lip balm tube, forgetting it had cash in it.

What is your favorite life hack?









Comments