Autumn Playlist, Part 1


I had so much fun sharing the quintessential songs of summer on two blog posts in July. It was a blast to get other songs titles from all of you, my readers. Today I was listening to a playlist entitled Best Songs for Fall.  This inspired me to create my own  Autumn Playlist, Part 1. 

1. "Harvest Moon"  Neil Young

2. "Autumn Leaves" performed on piano by Roger Williams, but tonight I discovered a lovely performance of the song by Eric Clapton

3." October Road" James Taylor

4. " Moondance" Van Morrison

5. "September Morn" Neil Diamond


6."Maggie May" Rod Stewart

7. "Shine on Harvest Moon" Remember the cartoons that had the lyrics on the screen and you sang with the bouncing ball? This is one I remember. Mom used to love to sing it to us. 


8. "Forever Autumn", Moody Blues

9. Sentimental Lady" Bob Welch. This song is not about autumn, but I remember when it came out the fall of 1977. I was back in my hometown starting my first teaching job and it was always playing on the radio. I still love the memories this song holds.

10. "September ", Earth, Wind, and Fire  In November of 1978 this song was released and we sang it in the car with the radio or with the jukebox in the bars. It still remains my favorite feel good song for September and any other month of  the year.  Enjoy!


What would be on your Autumn Playlist?

Comments