Confessions of an Obsessive Plant Shopper


 I love to buy plants, particularly flower plants. In the spring I recall posting on Facebook that I was going to cut back on the flowers I purchased this year. Ummmmm..... I started out pretty well. I don't know what happened. Perhaps stress shopping, sad shopping, happy shopping, no will power, a need to support people and businesses, or just the need to bring plants to my happy yard. 


I have to purchase geraniums every year from the P.E.O. chapter because the profits provide scholarships for high school girls at our school. That is a good cause!


I also had to purchase flower plants from the KHS greenhouse because the students worked so hard to grow them. They were healthy, and I am sure the profits are for some good cause.

I like to support local nurseries, so it was necessary for me to purchase beautiful, healthy plants from Susi at the Pine Creek Nursery. Knowing that plants are started in healthy soil and raised organically made a big difference.


I really like the woman at Ace Hardware that takes such good care of the plants out in the heat, wind, and rain. The same goes for Jennifer at Yoke's. How could I not show my gratitude by purchasing plants?

When I discovered a nursery I had never heard of I just couldn't drive by and not support their business.

This is the face Riley gives me when I have spent too much time planting in a day. His face is saying, "It is time for us to go for a run. Stop the madness Christy."

"The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." – Alfred Austin

 

Comments