50 Days of Summer



We still have fifty more days of summer in 2021. When I was teaching summer ended when school started. A silver lining of retirement is that I can enjoy those twenty-two days of September still considered summer. So before I get out the autumn decor and enjoy a pumpkin spice latte I want to continue to embrace summer.

Because of high temperatures, dry winds, and smoky air I have been limited lately to embrace favorite summer activities. I made a list of things I still want to do before autumn brings summer to an end:


Eat a soft serve twirl ice cream cone. 

Have a s'more.

Organize a picnic potluck.

Swim in a river.

Bake a fresh peach pie.

Go to Manito Park.

Watch a summer sunrise.

Reread a favorite summer book. My choice would be "Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume

Watch a favorite summer movie. My choice would be "Mamma Mia."

Pick flowers from the garden, make bouquets, and deliver them to friends.

Make a dessert with zucchini. (this is a beautiful chocolate zucchini cake made by my sister)

Make a pitcher of Bloody Marys and invite people over to enjoy them.

What activity do you still want to do before the end of the summer of 2021?

Comments