Timeline of Life with Photos

the cemetary in Kellogg in autumn

I love to take photos of flowers, bouquets, food dishes, places I have traveled, craft projects, seasons of the year and sunsets just to name a few. I don't take as many pictures of people.

a spring bouquet

When I first started using a digital camera I just loaded and saved all my pictures.

a favorite strawberry cake recipe

I have discovered my photos are a timeline of my life. They are all saved in chronological order. Sometimes people roll their eyes at foodie pictures. I am relieved I have taken so many food pictures so I can remember recipes and how a dish looked when I prepared it. 

annabella  hydrangea

My garden pictures remind me of what was blooming at what time each year. The pictures also remind me of flowers I had planted in former gardens and what thrived and what didn't. They also give me ideas for how to combine colors and textures in containers. There is a good reason for me to have hundreds of flower pictures!

Shelby and Annie

Of course, my photo timeline helps me keep track of all my dogs and cats, when we got them, when we lost them, and how they entertained us. Boy, have I taken a lot of pet pictures. 

Maybe this will help you look at your huge collection of pictures off your phone and camera in a different way. It is your life in images. I know there will come a day when I need to organize all my pictures and remove duplicates and not so good images. I think that will be a good winter project.


Sherman Pass

Comments