Silver Linings

" We are the silver lining in any and every dark cloud we could ever find. There is no need to go looking for the light when you bring it with you. " Tyler Knott Gregson


In April last year I wrote a blog post entitled "We Are the Silver Lining".  It was after we had been sheltering safe for about a month. Instead of getting down, Everett and I chose to search for silver linings. The quote above is the same one I used last year. It is still true. Here that post. https://gatheringaroundthetable.blogspot.com/2020/04/we-are-silver-lining.html

The world is a tough place to live in right now. People around me are hurting. People around me are struggling,  There are days when I am hurting. There are days I am struggling. I continue to work at bringing the light with me. I continue to search for silver linings.


Every week Family Dinner is a silver lining. It isn't always about the delicious foods everyone prepares, but it is knowing it is a place we can share, get lifted up, sing, and laugh.

Riley is a silver lining. What would I do without Riley? My day starts with him greeting me with a snuggle and all through the day he makes me laugh and provides companionship. He just knows when I need kisses or a paw on my arm. Here he is building a pillow fort on the 4th of July.

My gardens are a silver lining. When the day is coming to an end I find joy wandering around looking at what is blooming and what is finally sprouting. I am thankful for sunshine and water.

My friends are another silver lining. I am surrounded by a special circle of friends that call, text, join me for a meal, or just show up. It is so nice to be able to share a laugh, a memory, hear about their day, talk about a new book, or just sit outside and enjoy fellowship. Knowing they are out there somewhere is a huge silver lining. 

Where I live is a silver lining. I can jump in the car and be at a beautiul place in minutes. I am surrounded by beauty, history, quiet places, busy places, and so many places that bring back memories. I love the place I call home.

Do you have a silver lining?
the view from my front yard











Comments