For Such A Time As This




Such a month.
It has been filled with thinking, journaling, praying, stressing, talking, worrying, and silence.

We have been sheltering in place during the first month of this covid 19 virus. I leave the house to grocery shop, pick up food to go, and take Riley for runs. Everett has only left the house for three medical appointments. We have stopped Sunday Family Dinners, book club, water aerobics, birthday parties, family visits, going out to favorite restaurants, and hanging out with friends.We want to stay safe.

We are blessed. We have a home that is warm and cozy. We have food to keep us sustained for months. We have a dog and three cats that bring comfort every day. We shelter inside well. We have spent hours reading, keeping up with the news, talking, laughing, sneaking in a cocktail, preparing good meals, baking for others, and keeping a weird schedule that works for the two of us. As it warms up we are heading outside to our backyard gardens.

I don't like surprises. I want to know what will be around the corner. I want to be able to count on what is coming next. I can't do that anymore. We don't know what will happen  now. We don't know what is around the corner. I can't control the events around us and that is okay. Right now I am being cautious. I am being safe. Our health is my first concern. I am enjoying our house.
More later. Be safe. Be well.

JRR Tolkien Perfect House Quote Sign Living Room Large Framed image 0


Comments