The Shed Notebook: Winter Keeping Away Spring

According to the calendar, spring does not officially begin until March 20th.  Around these parts people are ready for spring to begin today. Weather has been quite a topic of conversation because we are still buried in snow and we are waking up to temperatures below 10 degrees. Many days roads have been difficult for travel, and our dogs are tired of being couped up.

Arriving at a grocery store and seeing a display of primroses, a rack of garden seeds, and Easter decor makes that desire for warmer weather even stronger. When I revisisted my Facebook memories I was reminded that two years ago, we had sunshine and green grass and JEJ was building our new raised beds. Today we can't see any grass and the raised beds are buried in the drifts of snow. 

I am taking advantage of this longer hibernation period. I am planning my garden beds, getting caught up on reading, and moving slowing toward creating a studio in the basement for my creative ventures. I am saving money on gas by not traveling as much, but I am missing being able to get out and exercise. Soon enough is will be safe. 

I just love the quote below. I do love all four seasons. It is certainly a process. Yes, I am working on growing in life also. I am getting better. 

"I believe in process. I believe in four seasons. I believe that winter's tough, but spring's coming. I believe that there's a growing season. And I think that you realize that in life, you grow. You get better. "
Steve Southerland

Comments