The Shed Notebook: Ten Things That Make Me Feel Happy All The Time




"The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest 
in all the details of daily life." William Morris

This quote really spoke to me today. When I am feeling down or overwhelmed, it is the details of daily life that fill me with happiness. I am not a fan of expensive jewelery, exotic trips, or fancy cars. I don't know what I would do with a closet full of Jimmy Choos and Gucci bags. I don't even have the closet space. Nope, the things that make me feel happy are the things I surround myself with in my daily life. Here is the list:



1. Everett. My husband takes the details of daily life and makes them special any day of the year.

2. My dogs. My dogs bring me pleasure when they jump up to tell me to get out of bed, when they lay at my feet when I am sad, or when they look at me like I am the most important person in the world.

3. My camera. Recently I reviewed over 20,000 pictures I have taken since I had digital cameras. Now that made me happy. So many images, so many memories.
4. Our cats. Each cat is unique in personality and looks, but they make evenings special at our house.
5. Fresh flowers. There is nothing like a pretty bouquet to add happiness to a day.

6. My gardens.  Seeing roses, sunflowers, marigolds, cosmos, and more come to life in the summer is pure happiness.
7. Books. Whether it is my Bible, a new novel from the library, a cookbook, or a how-to book it is happiness.
8. Friends. Childhood friends or recent friends, they all bring me happiness.

9. Family. Each of them adds to the true secret of happiness.
10. My little house. My little green house with the red trim is my ultimate happy place. I view beautiful sunsets from the front porch. I can sit by a warm fire in the winter. I stand in the kitchen and look out at beautiful gardens three seasons out of the year, and I can provide meals to nourish the souls of family and friends.





Comments

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!