Sibling Assignment #206: I Want to Write a Book!


Sister Carol gave Sibling Assignment #206: "What is something you have never done but hope to do or hope to have accomplished in the next five years?" You will find Bill's here and Carol's here.
I have never published a book. I want to.
I don't want to publish a book to make money.
I don't want to publish a book to become famous.
I don't want to publish a book to go on the speaking circuit.

I want to publish a book to preserve my ideas into a form for keeping. I want to publish a book to spark conversation among other readers and wriers. I have a list of ideas of what I want the book to be about, but I am keeping those ideas to myself. I have taught writing, I have participated in writing retreats, I have written blog posts, journal entries, and newspaper articles. I want to take this a step further. I want to challenge myself.

Sister Carol said in the next five years. I hope to do it before then. What do I need to do? Make writing a part of my daily routine. Not many authors sit down on a Saturday and write a book. They work bit by bit day by day to create a manuscript. They reread, revise, edit, do it again, and finally come up with a completed book. 

I guess I better get started!

Comments