The Shed Notebook: Mom's Memory Garden


I knew last summer I would acquire plants and garden decor from Mom's garden next door after her death. My brother and his wife weren't clear how they wanted to approach the backyard, so they generously gave my sister and me permission to dig up what we wanted. I also inherited some garden signs and decor favorites Mom had collected. 

As we sat in our own backyard last fall, JEJ came up with an idea of building one more raised bed in the narrow space on the side of the house so I could create Mom's Memory Garden. He got the bed built last fall. We are going to add a gate and fence to keep our canine "kids" out. I am now getting excited about planning and planting it.

I know a rose given in honor of Mom from the Pearson/Brown family will be front and center. I will include plants from Mom's garden, then fill it up with her favorite flowers. My friend Chris gifted Mom with a beautiful  yellow metal flower that will be placed in the garden, along with a perfect statue I found today with angel wings and a nice saying. It is also a vase and will hold flowers!

 I will be excited to post pictures when it is completed. 

Comments