The Shed Notebook: Am I Ready to Garden?



With all the rain this week, I looked around my front flower beds looking for signs of spring bulbs. No bulbs. What did I find? All the weeds that didn't get pulled last fall. When the weather got so cold in December why didn't those weeds get killed. Maybe I am not quite ready to garden.

When I think about two big galvanized tubs that were moved from Mom's during the winter, I see dirt that needs to be added. I see items that need to be pulled out that ended up there during the winter. I think I can blame sweet Riley for that. Maybe I am not quite ready to garden.

Seeing roses that didn't get cut down, vegetables that didn't get pulled out, and more weeds in the raised beds that didn't get removed I know now I am not ready to garden.

I think I will creep back into the house, pull my blanket around me, and watch cooking shows. I know longs days will bring the energy it will take to tackle the garden projects. Right?

Comments