The Shed Notebook: The Beginning


Now that we have The Shed, I hope to spend more time at my writing table composing this new feature on my blog. I will be honest and say I am not out there tonight, but am sitting at another desk in the warm house.
How did The Shed get started? We discovered shortly after we moved to 514 we needed another space. We had driven by many of those shed places around the area.
 We found one in Pinehurst that had been returned. It looked new to us, but it was a better price. The company somehow figured out how to plop it in the backyard right where we wanted it. At first the plan was to use it as a potting shed/greenhouse. I also thought about it being a craft shed. While we were deciding it became a holding spot for all the junk we couldn’t find a place for in the house. It also added beauty to the backyard landscape.


Last fall I got serious about researching sheds. Yes, many thought is should be a “She Shed”. Others thought is should be a “Man Cave”. I found a nice collection of books at the library and relied on Pinterest to inspire me with ideas for what we wanted. 


I knew I wanted a quiet place to read and write. I also knew I wanted a place for serving meals, since we took the table out of the house. JEJ was in agreement. I think his “Man Cave” is the garage right now. I moved the craft mess to the basement and am working on creating the craft room. We didn’t want to invest a huge amount of money We found a crew of two guys that installed electricity, painted the walls, and made it much more comfortable. We had all the furniture and some decor ready to move out there. When the weather warms up, plants may be added to The Shed. Certainly the books to inspire me about gardening will be housed there. It is finally finding a purpose. Oh... and it is a dog hangout also! 

Now that we have The Shed fixed in a way to use, I hope to spend more time at my writing table composing this new feature on my blog. I will be honest and say I am not out there tonight, but am sitting at another desk in the warm house.






Comments

  1. I love the before and after. Also, somebody looks right at home...(arf)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!