Here is What I Know Today, September 29,2017

This quote could have hung in the wall in my mother's house. My mother loved to save things for a rainy day, collect things to surround herself with comfort, and keep things she hoped she could pass down to her family. Another family, my brother's family, has moved into the house. Slowly we had to define what was useful and what was beautiful to us and what was useful and beautiful to others that might appreciate her treasures. Thanks to hard work by everyone in the family, particularly my brother, we are beginning to see a house emerging that takes on a whole new look. At times it was tough to make decisions on items. Other times it was easy. What I can say is my mother did surround herself with all these things that were so much a part of her life , and in honoring her we have each taken pieces of her life and added it to ours.

Comments

  1. "My" new angel sits in a perfect spot and reminds me of you, my dear friend, and your mother, every time I look at it! I'll treasure it always!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!