The Shed Notebook: Beautiful People Do Not Just Happen




After Mom died my lifelong friend Kenna sent me a perfect gift. It is a book titled Daily Peace, 365 Days of Renewal, Photos and Wisdom to Nourish Your Spirit.

For each day there is a quote and a photo to match it. Every so often I am going to open a page and share the quote and pick a photo of mine that matches it post it at the top.

Today I picked the quote for March 19th. It is a powerful one.


“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I have lots of those beautiful people in my life. I am blessed.
photo taken November 2017, Reeder Creek, Elkins Resort, Priest Lake, Idaho




Comments