Building a Garden

When I planted my first roses in the spring of 1996 with my mom by my side I remember looking around the space I had in front of my house thinking I could never create the gardens I wish and hope for.  The clematis above wouldn't have even had a place to climb back then.

Fast forward to 2012.... the gardens have flourished. Looking around tonight I was filled with a sense of awe as I looked at trees that were saplings back then. The roses I planted then are gone, but others have replaced them.  The one above is Berries and Cream.

We are a bit more established around our gardens now. Gardening is all about patience.... and watering says my wise husband. He is the king of the watering! Here is the healthy vegetable garden that he is watering when Mother Nature isn't

Comments