Organizing 101: Savor the Little Things


I have been on a home/life organizing project this month. I am afraid to start the same project at school! I may never find  I have been reading and rereading tips from the experts in orgainzational science. One book that has been very helpful is Organized Simplicity by Tsh Exenreider. She walks you through the house with checklists on what you'll need to clean, declutter, and organize. She also addresses other parts of daily life like finances and time.  If you don't want to wait for the book from the library like I had to, her website simplemom.net is full of information also. She also has plenty of downloads that are helpful for getting life in order.  She also has an inexpensive e-book called One Bite at a Time: 52 Projects for Making Life Simpler, which you can learn about at her website.



One part of the book I just loved was the chapter called "Savor the Little Things". She reminds us how important it is to cherish the little things. One way to do this is to find ways to use our hands. Whether is is learning to fix a leaky faucet, scrapbooking, or creating a homemade gift... these tasks bring us joy. The second little thing is cooking from scratch. I don't need reminding about this because I love to cook from scratch, but she said " a home that nourishes life takes time to cook real food from scratch. " Agreed! Another way to savor little things is to have casual gatherings that include family and friends. It give you a purpose for decluttering and enjoying fellowship with people that important. 


I look forward to moving through my house with her checklists and organizational ideas. When the snow is deep outside and the temperatures are below freezing.... it is a great time to nest inside and organize.


 


 


Comments